noosfero | WIP: Adds location field, refactors location selection (!1173)

Gabriel Silva gitlab at mg.gitlab.com
Sun Apr 16 22:46:22 BRT 2017

Gabriel Silva started a new discussion:

Currently there are two ways to set the geographic region of a profile:
* Using City/State and Region categories: It will link a Region category to the profile according to the City/State field values. Does not work if the name of the city and state does not match, or if the region does not exist. Looks like it is only used on region validators for enterprises.
* Using the location fields + latitude and longitude: Only requires the fields to be active in the environment, and will accept any valid data provided by the used. Currently only used to display the fields in the profile page, and in the search_by_location feature.

It is pretty confusing to provide these complimentary features, and I believe we should remove one of them. The location fields seems to be the best option, since it does not rely on the existence of categories.

---