code reviewers and testers

Bráulio Bhavamitra braulio at eita.org.br
Tue Aug 13 09:21:02 BRT 2013

Hello Terceiro,

This was discussed yesterday on the noosfero community meeting. It
something like the http://noosfero.org/Development/ResponsibleDevelopers.

It was made with improving the release process on the mind.
We thought in three things:
1) Continuous integration for Automated tests: reactivate
ci.colivre.coop.brand put travis to work in cirandas' code
2) Let the community do user tests for each part (feature/plugin/tag) of
noosfero.
3) Make code reviews for each subsystem (feature/plugin) of noosfero.

For 2 and 3, it is good to have a predefined list of assigned and commited
people. That where the wiki comes. People can self assign them for testing
and code reviewing by changing these pages.

Then on the right time of the release process these people are called and
have some time to do their job.
This call is going to be done only when necessary, that is, when new
features or code changes were made.

These jobs (user testing and code reviewing) are expensive and
centralization is not good.

So I ask everybody to change this wiki page and assign people for testing
and code reviewing.

best regards,
bráulio

On Tue, Aug 13, 2013 at 4:52 AM, Antonio Terceiro
<terceiro at colivre.coop.br>wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 13, 2013 at 05:00:08AM +0000, Wiki Administrator wrote:
> > - Testers
> > Updated by BraulioBhavamitraBO on 12 Aug 2013 - 21:01: NEW
> > http://noosfero.org/Development/Testers
> >
> > - CodeReviewers
> > Updated by BraulioBhavamitraBO on 12 Aug 2013 - 21:07: NEW
> > http://noosfero.org/Development/CodeReviewers
>
> Instead of explicitly listing people so that someone has to talk to them
> directly, why don't use *mailing lists* for each group, and let the
> interested people subscribe to them?
>
> for code reviews there is already noosfero-dev¹. for testers we could
> create noosfero-users ... it's easier than maintaining a wiki page: with
> a mailing list people can just subscribe/unsubscribe as they see fit.
>
> ¹ BTW I miss the time when we did code review with sent patches by email
> to the mailing list. Of course this requires some ability from
> submitters to submit proper separe patches for different logical
> changes, but whoever already doesn't know how to do that will benefit
> from learning how to do it ... I would even volunteer for doing a
> training session on this.
>
> --
> Antonio Terceiro <terceiro at colivre.coop.br>
> Colivre - Cooperativa de Tecnologias Livres
> http://www.colivre.coop.br/

"Lute pela sua ideologia. Seja um com sua ideologia. Viva pela sua
ideologia. Morra por sua ideologia" P.R. Sarkar

EITA - Educação, Informação e Tecnologias para Autogestão
http://cirandas.net/brauliobo
http://eita.org.br