Bugs in AI 2882 (users management)

Rodrigo Souto rodrigo at colivre.coop.br
Tue Feb 11 20:49:26 BRST 2014

daniel tygel escreveu isso ai:
> I'm sad,
>
>    Again, it seems like the feature AI2882 was not tested by humans
> before releasing. The user management is not usable now,
> unfortunately.

The feature was tested by humans as hard as there were people interested
on it. As current major reviewer, I test almost every feature that goes
to the core. But I'm only one person, and although the automated tests and
the code review fixes lots of potential problems before the code goes to
production, problems will always happen. That's from this understanding
that we all agreed to add a freezing time on our releases. So that other
people, besides the code reviewers, could test things, specially on
their custom instances, and catch problems before the final release.
With these new review period, the community has another moment to be a
part of the release (besides creating new features and reviewing merge
requests). I see that you are frustrated to see problems on a brand new
release and I share your feelings. But you'll be forever sad if you
expect things to work nice for your instance on the final releases while
you're not checking those things on the RC freezing period. When shit's
already happened, all we can do is fix them.

>    For example, if you filter by "admin users" (what does it mean?
> An user which is admin of what? a community? the environment? an
> enterprise? anyone? I'm assuming it's an user which administrates
> anything, because of the bug found): If you filter by "admin users",
> the users are not ordered by any meaningful way, and they are overly
> repeated. I saw my name 4 times in the first page, so I think it's
> getting repeated by each community or enterprise where I am
> administrator.

Since we're on the environment panel, we assume that 'admin_users'
stands for environment's administrators (if it was on an organization it
would be the organization's administrators and so on).

I couldn't reproduce the bug you reported of repeating names locally
neither on alpha. Sorting by name would be a nice feature indeed.

--
Rodrigo Souto <rodrigo at colivre.coop.br> :: 55 71 8131-7714
Colivre - Cooperativa de Tecnologias Livres