always assume good faith

Antonio Terceiro terceiro at colivre.coop.br
Wed Jun 18 12:42:13 BRT 2014

On Wed, Jun 18, 2014 at 11:20:25AM -0300, Daniel Tygel wrote:
> This is such a bad message, I won't go into details.
>
> Only one thing I really had to mention: "Eita doesn't follow his "own
> procedure" and Eita wants everybody else follow It.  Really?". It was
> **not** our **own procedure**, it was a **consensual decision among
> different people.
>
> We don't want to impose **anything**. If we did not follow a procedure in
> your mentioned actionitems, I must thank you for highlighting that (this is
> not crucifixing), so that we can correct this.
>
> It is impossible to discuss with these kinds of acusations implicited in the
> message of Leandro: summing up, he gives the idea that eita wants to
> "impose" things for our own benefit. This is such a profound accusation that
> I refute event to respond to it.
>
> I will say it only one more time here: we are willing and committed on
> **contributing** to a **collectively** construction of better ways for this
> software (noosfero) to be developped.
>
> So I ask you to stop saying that our organization has "hidden agendas" or
> "is against" some person or organization or that we only think about our own
> interests. This is unacceptable, both morally, ethically and also it does
> not correspond to any reasonable fact.
>
> We are not playing here. We want to build collectively for collective better
> results.
>
> As for the rest of this awful message, I prefer to not say anything.

Leandro's email didn't sound offensive to me at all. Would you mind
pointing out exactly what he wrote that put you off so much? The one
place where me mentioned you was immediately followed by a explanation
that it was not an accusation.

A very good principle to follow in community discussions is to always
assume good faith.

If you think someone is against you, it's most commonly a communication
problem; either he didn't express his thoughts very clearly, or you
didn't understand what he meant.

--
Antonio Terceiro <terceiro at colivre.coop.br>
Colivre - Cooperativa de Tecnologias Livres